Sunday, December 9, 2012

Oil Pulling?


I'm back already! 
There has been a lot of posts on Pinterest and Facebook about oil pulling. My chiropractor is trying it and I thought I would also. I have only use it a couple of days now so I have no information on the effects just yet but I do have some articles that are helpful and some tips from my experiences already.
Dr. Mercola is really great at researching and finding the latest information out there. His article on his experience with oil pulling is a good one to read. And it is not just for tooth decay or mouth problems. Another article from oilpulling.com offers a lot of information and is a good one to consult also.
I use coconut oil. In the pic the brand on the left we use for everything!!! Moisturizer, cooking, burns, bug bites, we used it on my granddaughter's bottom after every diaper change and bath and no diaper rash in her first full year! But I got the jar on the right because it is glass and I can put it on the warmer and keep it liquid at all times.
So far my tips would be:
1. Make sure it is liquid, putting solid coconut oil in your mouth and waiting for it to dissolve does not taste good :( (don't microwave - it kills the good benefits of the oil or any food for that matter! Set the oil jar or bottle in warm water or get a warmer like the one I used-Bed, Bath and Beyond-$5.99)
2. Keep busy! Plan on folding a load of laundry or watching tv, anything to keep you from just standing there, swishing in front of the sink. I was able to get up to 15 min while watching tv and then again while cleaning up the kitchen and folding laundry.
3. Find the right amount. For me, exactly 1 Tablespoon was a bit too much but 1/2 a Tablespoon was too little.
4. Don't swallow any of the oil, once you have swished it around it is full of toxins and bacteria.





No comments:

Post a Comment