Thursday, October 25, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude?




I went to a business meeting last night. Someone there talked about a book she is reading about gratitude, and it being the key, the “magic”.  I thought a lot about what she said and realized that we have been asked since childhood, “What’s the magic word?” And usually it was “please”. So in a sense we were taught to beg for what we wanted. But our “magic” word should be “thank you!” I have a hard time seeing God as one that wants us to beg for something. We should ask, expect and then thank Him for the answer.
Plus, I googled it, according to the Free Dictionary of idioms:
“What’s the magic word?” (British and Australian)
‘something that you say to a child in order to make them say ‘please’ or ‘thank you’
So they had it partially right! I have started giving thanks for the difficult things to get better, for good things, as they are now, but then giving thanks because they are about to be GREAT! 



No comments:

Post a Comment