Sunday, October 28, 2012

Say Cheese!



I have an iMac. DO NOT be envious! It is sooooo slow! I see the "spinning rainbow wheel of death" all the time! We are talking pre-high-speed internet slow, beep-bop-boop-dial-up slow. I have ran mac cleaners, free and paid, taken it in for service and had my brother look at it. It might be faster for a little bit but then back to the colorful orbiting graphic below. 
I find little problems that it might be and it helps some but if I am honest I think I know the real issue. And it's a number, 8065 to be exact. That is the number of photos in my iPhoto folder. But not all of them are on the computer. The iPhoto library is actually on an external hard-drive. A 1T external hard-drive that the Mac store salesman said I would never fill up. (It only has 357 GB left out of 1024 GB)  
Only 1725 of the pics are of my one and a half year old granddaughter! (give or take) They rest are of the dog, my son, daughter-in-law, my big family, my brother's band (Abandon) and you get the idea. I know I need to weed them out. And I have another external hard drive to move some less important, yet still want to keep them, ones to, BUT my computer is so slow that the actual moving of said photos will take so long that I probably will have a couple hundred new ones of my granddaughter before it's accomplished! 
So my iMac has swiftly become one very expensive and slow digital photo album. 



1 comment:

  1. I hate the spinning rainbow wheel of death too!! Is mine slow because of pics also??? Hmmmmm! I need help. The colorful spinning beach ball, I have said before, belongs on the beach, not on my computer. I get so mad!

    ReplyDelete